Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

How To Be Happy Without Lots Of Money?




Are We Happy Without Money?

 

This is a very good question each of us need to ponder.  Are we happy at all with what we got in life now?  Especially if we got so many possessions and money is not a problem to us?  Are we happy and fulfilled enough?  Can you answer this question honestly?

Anyway, I am a living testimony myself, and I can answer this question based on my very own experience honestly and faithfully.
 But I think it's a very long story to put it in detail.  

All I can say is, I am very happy with my life now without money, compared to my life before earning dollars abroad, enjoying all the wonderful things money can buy, but not using it for a good purpose in serving Him and others.  

Yes, I only use it to serve my family and the people close to me but not with people I didn't knew at all, believing that the main reason I sacrificed to work hard away from home is my family and not others.  So selfish of me, didn't even experienced giving regular tights to my church, but rather contented enough in dropping coins to a basket offering.  

That was too shameful of me to God.  Until came a moment that I faced too much difficulties and burdens in life.  God made me realized how shameful and sinful I was, but knowing Him as a loving, merciful and forgiving God, He transformed my life and opened up my heart and my eyes into His wonderful purpose for me.. go home and serve Him!

Right now, I am home.. serving my purpose, and though I don't have a job and expect no regular monthly income, yet, wondering why I can still cope-up my monthly 'tighting' obligations to the Lord for my two spiritual ministries?  And was still able to give something to others. And the most wonder of all wonders, I was still able to fed my family, pay my monthly bills and even have the resources to put regularly into my monthly stock market investment. 

Where these all came from? I was always amazed by God's graciousness that blessings just came in so many ways. I didn't understand either, all I understand is the mysteries behind all these purposes God has prepared for me, from all these spiritual works and obligations He commanded me to do.

All I know is that..I just say YES to Him, though my mind sometimes disagree and say NO, but I'm so grateful that my heart got the will to say YES!  What do you think?  Am I happy without money? 
You're right!  YES! I am very happy with God's purpose for me!

But I always believed that money is not at all evil when use it in God's purpose!


Anyway, I want you to be inspired more, I just want to share to you this wonderful soulfood article of Bo Sanchez regarding the happiness money can brought to us. May this will change your life's perspective about money and happiness.  



Are You Happy Without Money?

 



Money won’t make you happy.

I don’t care if you have a billion dollars, or maintain ten mansions across the globe, or wear diamonds the size of ping-pong balls, or own sixteen multinational corporations.

I believe that money can make you happy ONLY if you use it to fulfill your ultimate purpose in life—which is to love, help, and serve others!

       Here’s another spiritual principle you need to learn: Money will make you happy only if you have learned how to be happy without money.

       If someone is miserable and says, “If only I’ll get enough money, then I’ll be happy,” I’ll bet my life this person will continue to be miserable no matter how rich he gets.

        Best-selling author John Gray said, “Money is like a magnifying glass.”  I agree.  If you’re truly happy, money magnifies this feeling.  It enlarges it.  If you’re miserable, money will make you even more miserable.

It’s the same thing with marriage, or with a job, or with a house, or with kids…   A single person who is miserable and says, “If only I’ll meet my perfect match and get married, then I’ll be happy”, is in for a big surprise.  He’ll be one very miserable married person.  And worse, he’ll make someone else as miserable as he is!  Because the fact is obvious: Happy people make happy marriages.

This truth works with everything else, including money.  You have to learn the secrets of true happiness before money comes, so that when it does come, you’ll know how to handle it and become even happier.

You need to learn to be happy without lots of money.

Assignment: Think of five material things that you really craved for in the past—and you now own.  Examine your feelings.  Are you now satisfied with what you have?  Or do you now desire something new to add or replace what you already have?

It was Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe who said, Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least.


May your dreams come true,

Bo Sanchez

Source:  http://bosanchez.ph/are-you-happy-without-money/

No comments:

Post a Comment